There are multiple ways to get help from CHTC staff. See below:
Research Computing Facilitators
To help researchers effectively utilize computing resources, our Research Computing Facilitators (RCFs) not only assist your in implementing your computational work on CHTC compute resources resources, but can also point you to other on- and off-campus services related to research computing and data needs. For example, RCFs can:
- Assist with planning your computational approach for a research problem
- Teach you to submit jobs to CHTC compute systems
- Help you with troubleshooting on CHTC compute systems
- Connect you with other researchers using similar software or methods
- Point to learning materials for programming and software development
- Help you identify applicable non-CHTC data storage options provided by DoIT
- Find the person who knows the answer to your question, even if the RCF doesn’t
- … and other helpful activities to facilitate your use of cyberinfrastructure
Get An Account
If you don’t have an account yet, please fill out our Request Form, and we’ll follow up quickly to set up a meeting time and create accounts. If you don’t have an account but just have general questions, feel free to send an email to email@example.com (see below).
Help Via Email
We provide support via email at the address firstname.lastname@example.org, and it’s never a bad idea to start by sending questions or issues via email. You can typically expect a first response within a few business hours.
Cancellations will be announced via email and on this webpage.
In light of measures being taken by campus regarding COVID-19, we have replaced in-person office hours with virtual office hours, office hours are:
- Tuesday/Thursday afternoons, from 3:00 - 4:45 pm.
To drop in, find the videoconference link in either your email (via an announcement to chtc-users sent on Wed., March 11) or in the login message when you log into a CHTC server.
As always, if the times above don’t work for you, please email us at our usual support address to schedule a separate meeting.
Make an Appointment
We are happy to arrange meetings outside of designated Office Hours, per your preference. Simply email us at the address above, and we will set up a time to meet!