There are multiple ways to get help from CHTC staff. See below:
Research Computing Facilitators
To help researchers effectively utilize CHTC, CHTC has Research
Computing Facilitators (RCFs) as a result of partnership with the
Advanced Computing Initiative. Our RCFs can not only assist your in
implementing your computational work on CHTC compute resources
resources, but can also point you to other on- and off-campus services
related to computation and research IT needs. For example, RCFs can:
- Assist with planning your computational approach for a research
- Teach you to submit jobs to CHTC compute systems
- Help you with troubleshooting on CHTC compute systems
- Connect you with other researchers using similar software or methods
- Point to learning materials for programming and software development
- Help you identify applicable non-CHTC data storage options provided by DoIT
- Find the person who knows the answer to your question, even if the RCF doesn’t
- … and other helpful activities to facilitate your use of cyberinfrastructure
Get An Account
If you don’t have an account yet, please fill out our Request
Form, and we’ll follow up quickly to set up a meeting time
and create accounts. If you don’t have an account but just have general
questions, feel free to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org (see below).
Help Via Email
We provide support via email at the address
email@example.com, and it’s never a bad idea
to start by sending questions or issues via email. You can typically
expect a first response within a few business hours.
Cancellations will be announced via email and on this webpage.
Temporary Changes to Office Hours
In light of measures being taken by campus regarding COVID-19,
we have replaced in-person office hours with virtual office hours, office hours are:
- Tuesday/Thursday afternoons, from 3:00 - 5:00 pm.
To drop in, find the videoconference link in either your email (via
an announcement to chtc-users sent on Wed., March 11) or in the login message
when you log into a CHTC server.
As always, if the times above don’t work for you, please email use
at our usual support address to schedule a separate meeting.
Click to sign-in for office hours
Make an Appointment
We are happy to arrange meetings outside of designated Office Hours, per
your preference. Simply email us at the address above, and we will set
up a time to meet!